Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Big Ass Ham...

“You sound like a soulful black man!  Say Big Ass Ham…”

Facebook reminded me recently that 6 years ago, five nerds got together over Skype and created the debut episode of The Super Uber Kickass Nerdcast, one of the most awesome podcasts ever willed into existence.

Over the years, I have talked about this podcast on several different occasions, to the point where people are more than likely getting sick of hearing about it.  I’m pretty sure I even said I was not going to talk about it anymore. But seeing as how it’s the sixth anniversary, how can I not say a little something?

After another relisten of the first ever episode, I realized that it came out shortly before the first Avengers movie.  And here in a couple of months, the third installment of the Avengers movie is going to be released. So naturally, I started to think of all of the things that have happened between that time.  I also thought about what if the show was still a thing? Would we be big and famous? Could we potentially be a household name? But really, it was really never about that. It was a way that the five of us could find time to hang out when life did not allow us to hang out in person.  Would the five of us still be hanging out and shooting the breeze like we used to? If we only knew then what we know now, I believe that things would definitely be a lot different than they are now.

Honestly, we could sit here and talk about what if’s all day.  Let’s talk about the future. As I mentioned earlier, we are only a couple of months away from the third installment of the Avengers.  This is easily going to be one of the biggest movies of all time, as every Marvel movie over the last 10 years is going to come together, and it’s going to be awesome.  And my guess is that the five of us will all watch this movie, but it will probably be done separately, and at different times. And more than likely, we will all talk about how awesome it was on our own, separate social medias.

But, how cool would it be for the five of us to get together one more time to talk about this movie?  Personally, I think it would be awesome. I believe that we had a chemistry that really only works well if we are all together.  And would it be cool if this reunion episode lead to a full on revival? Hell yes it would. Would anyone even want to listen? Honestly, it really doesn’t matter, because having that kinship again would be incredible.

Ok, I think that’s all I have to say for now.  I apologize for the rambling and mashup of thoughts.  I usually like to spend more time constructing and organizing my thoughts, but I felt for this, all of my thoughts and emotions just needed to pour out.  And if you are still reading, thanks for joining me on my self therapy session.

Until next time….Stay weird!

1 comment:

  1. Good Session...and I sure as Hell would listen. Going by past experience, It wouldn't disappoint.

    ReplyDelete